Sunday, December 6, 2009

I am 15 yrs old and getting braces is that bad? Is there anyone else out there who gets them that la

i know people get braces at like adult age, but will it effect my last two yrs of highschool??? i know it is worth it at the end, but i don't want to feel like a reject having braces on for like prom, etc. Is there anything wrong with getting braces at my age???



I am 15 yrs old and getting braces is that bad? Is there anyone else out there who gets them that late?pacific theater



I was about that age when I got my braces (they were off after I was 18) a LOT of people are getting them even later in life than that. Anyway back to YOU having braces, I don't really think it will effect you socially, it didn't me. I wasn't the only one in my high school with braces on at high school, so I didn't feel out of place. I think if anything it made me more aware of brushing my teeth (the last thing I wanted to do was try and talk to this cute guy in English class with food stuck in my braces). I think if anything the retainers are worse than the braces they make you talk funny (BUT most of those can be worn only at night). While I hated my braces I knew they were good for me, and you know in the end it HASN'T been that long since I was in high school, I've already moved on and forgotten about them. They will be a BIG DEAL if you LET them be a big deal. And I hope you understand, your parents will make you get them regardless, so might as well grin and bare it! Best of luck!



I am 15 yrs old and getting braces is that bad? Is there anyone else out there who gets them that late?phantom of the opera opera theater



Braces used to be the dorky thing in school when i was in 2nd and 3rd grade, but around 8th, 9th, and 10th grade everybody had them or was getting them. 15 yrs is a pretty common age to get braces in my school atleast
There is nothing wrong with it. Just be confident in yourself. I don't think anyone will reject you just because you have braces. In my school we never did, we all just thought it was an okay thing. And you're right, in the end it will be worth it!
hey!



there not that bad.



i have them. and you will get use to them.
My best friend got them in his late twenties.
i no somenone who got them wen they were 27
there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting braces at any age.
15 is not too old to get braces, lots of people get them even older than that. If your insurance covers it, try and get the white ones so they don't show so much. You won't be a reject for having braces. Everybody has something - braces, glasses, crooked teeth, big feet, lop-sided breasts, acne, ears that stick out, a funny name, the list could go on forever. All kids get made fun of for something, that is just part of being a kid and growing up. Even the kids that are doing the teasing have something that they are insecure about. Usually they are teasing you to feel better about themselves.



If you are allowed to wear make-up, try learning to do your eyes really well. If your eye make-up looks good you are bringing attention to that part of your face and away from your mouth. If you wear red lipstick, that will draw attention to your mouth, so bring the attention somewhere else.



It is good that you are getting braces now, just think about what a beautiful smile you're going to have.
Im 13, and I have braces..I just got them and I expected the worst...but to my suprise..they didnt hurt at all!! Everybody says they hurt when you get the on, and tightened. But they really didnt! The olything that kind of hurt is the spacers.They are these little rubber bands that go in between your teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security