Sunday, December 6, 2009

I'm only 21, but I think I'm getting premenopause. I just got my period and it's two

I'm getting hot flashes, which I've never gotten before. I've read about the symptoms for school papers and they seem to fit. Is there anyway to know if you're getting premenopause without just waiting it out or going through a blood test? (I have a horrible fear of needles, so I'd like to avoid a blood test if possible). and is this something I should get checked? I don't care about having children. I'm a virgin and I really don't want to give birth at any point. Ever. So I'm okay with that aspect. I just want to know if it's dangerous at this point in my life and what I should do. (like if it's an actual emergency to get this checked out)



I'm only 21, but I think I'm getting premenopause. I just got my period and it's two weeks late and very lightthe grand theater



wow never heard of premenopause at an early age. You should prolly see a dr. first before assuming. Im sure your body is just messin around a little.



I'm only 21, but I think I'm getting premenopause. I just got my period and it's two weeks late and very lightsoap opera opera theater



you're not going through premenopause!!!



it's just your hormones acting up, relaaaax you're fine.
It is an emergency if you are going through menopause at such a young age. They can tell by doing hormone tests, sorry this involves needles, no other way.



However, hot flashes are also a symptom of mensturation, stress, other illnesses, stress, did I mention stress?



By the way, how do you know they're hot flashes? Did you check your temperature? I think you need to take a deep breath and go see a doctor right away.
probably just hormones, stress, or anxiety...dont worry
wow! crazy, i thought the same thing like 3 months ago! im 19 and i have had terrible hot flashes, like { face bright red, i need a fan} hot flashes. i began to wonder about my birth controll pills i was taking and diabetes or even thyroid problems! i took the blood test no problems and no explaination for the terrible flashes! i started a new birth controll and never had another one! so how the pill i was taking wasnt given me enough estrogen! but the dr.s still think im crazy! they said im too young for hot flashes! hope i helped! are you on any type of birthcontroll?
It's more likely you have a hormonal imbalance or PCOS; not Peri-menopause. I had hot flashes during my 20's and I have PCOS.



Go to your Gyn (better yet, an Endocrinologist) and get tested. A blood test will show if you have PCOS or just a hormonal imbalance.



EDIT: All women have to go to the Gyn once a year for a checkup and pap smear whether they are virgins or not or problems or not. You CAN get cancer there and not know it until it is too late. One of my friends did. She was dead within six months. That was in 2001. Go get a checkup.
First of all go and talk to your OB. And then if they tell you get a blood test, just look the other way and let them draw the blood out. And it could be something eles but just go talk to your doctor first
WOW..ok I'm not sure who told you that you only have to go to an OBGYN if you are having sex, because you should have started going for regular paps a couple years after you started your period. Especially with you having had such a bad problem with prolonged menstruation....every woman needs routine paps to check for things such as cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, uterine cancer, etc. etc. As well as vaginal infections (yeah they happen without having sex!). Good luck, and I hope you get everything worked out.
I don't think that you are in the early stages of menopause. This could be a hormonal thing. You should see a gyn to make sure that there isn't something going on that shouldn't be. Sometimes ovarian cysts will cause your period to come to often, or not at all. Sometimes birth control pills will regulate your periods. this will help your periods to become regular.
it;s very important to see a gyn you should go get a pap test and discuss you symtoms and if she recemends a blood test just do it I know your affraid of needles but don't look at it take something with you to grab on to and you won't think if that needle I the same way but the blood makes me sick but I just don't look at it or I suck on candy or something to disstract my self this way if go to doctor she can tell you what you can do for your problem

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security