Sunday, December 6, 2009

Is it too much to ask that my wife lets me know when she'll be a little late getting home from

So I've figured out (with the help of yahoo answers thank you!) that I've made myself a doormat... I'm now sticking up for myself and asking the wife to pickup some of the household chores and work with me on our relationship.



Two years ago she went back to work after having a child and I've cut my work back to manage the house and kids. She's in a 'high powered' job, etc etc. In the last year she's increasingly 'doing' lunch with co-workers (generally men and usually 1 on 1) and has now branched out to after work wine.



In the last few months her after-work schedule has been erratic - nothing really late - but certainly coming home after our usual dinner time and interupting me putting the kids down and not letting me know when she's coming. She usually doesn't answer texting/calls to see if I should keep dinner.



I've told her I'm angry that she keeps me in the dark. While she appologizes and says shes sorry it keeps happening! Am I out of line with my expectations?



Is it too much to ask that my wife lets me know when she'll be a little late getting home from work?ballet theater



No, you are not out of line. It is normal for any one expecting someone at a certain time to want the schedule kept. If someone has to deviate from the schedule, then they should inform their spouse/ or whoever out of courtesy so that person won't worry and wonder what's going on and whether they should go ahead with their plans or wait. Your wife is being rude and disrespectful to you and I don't understand why. I don't believe she forgets and I don't believe she is sorry. True remorse creates new behavior. Maybe it's time to get a sitter and go back to work full-time yourself. Then her time won't be as flexible and she will have to call you with any change in the schedule as someone has to pick up the kids after work and bring them home. Perhaps she will then learn common courtesy and respect for somene else's schedule and appreciate what they are doing to make her life run smoother.



Is it too much to ask that my wife lets me know when she'll be a little late getting home from work?chicago theater opera theater



I dont think its too much to ask - just dont assume that she is doing something with the men she is having lunch and drinks with. Sometimes in "high powered" jobs you have to wine and dine, just be understanding and talk to her she is your wife :) good luck
Thays a tough situation. I strongly feel that in a marriage, what bothers you should bother her. She needs to focus more on the family and less on work. I personally would not accept her hanging out 1 on 1 with another person after work hours.
You're not out of line at all! I would expect the same from my husband, if that were the case. I couldn't help but be suspiscious about her behavior. Have you tried to seek a marriage counselor? I think it's time.
Not too much to ask, what does she tell you about the meetings, lots of 1 on 1. If it was a guy doing this you would have people on here saying he is having an affair....
No, you are not being unreasonable at all. Sounds like she is an insensitive woman who has figured out she can take advantage of your easy going nature by just saying "Oops! Sorry!" Since you've already explained you've been a doormat, she probably doesn't think you're serious (or she doesn't care) when you say you're angry. You need to REALLY put your foot down and tell her it is absolutely unacceptable that she is putting socializing (which is what after-work wine is, it's rarely "work") before quality time with her children. Let her know what the consequences are if she continues with this behavior. Then follow through. Good luck!
I dont think so, you have the right to know whats going on in your wifes life. She still wears the ring right? Then let her know that its unacceptable for her to do this. Especially ignoring your texts, she could excuse her self to use the ladies room to call or even text you, I just dont see any excuses.
You are not out of line at all! She is your wife and she should be getting her priorities right..family before anything, including work!
No. If this was me, I would be worried that my husband had been in a wreck. Start calling her family and asking if they had heard from her, call co-workers, leave messages on the work's voice mail, etc that you haven't heard from her and are concerned that she may have been in an accident as she isn't answering your calls. Treat her as if she is a "missing person" every time she will do this and it will stop.
U seem to have fallen prey to materialism by choosing ur wife to be the main bread winner.
I dont think your being unreasonable. Shes obviously hiding something. If she cared , she would answer your calls/Texting. I think you need to stand up for yourself a little more, she has you wrapped around her little finger!
I hate to tell you this but I think she is cheating on you. If you don't want to do your on PI hire one and see whats going on behind your back. This type of activity is not normal for a female.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security