Thursday, December 10, 2009

Those women in your late twenties or early thirties, how do feel about getting older?

On the one hand, I still have my teenage years very fresh in my mind, but I'm 3 years from thirty and feel it going very fast and that my youth is disappearing....I know you're only as young as you feel, but I want to know if any of you have reservations about getting older and do you feel like your body and mind have changed a lot or a little in the last ten years?



Those women in your late twenties or early thirties, how do feel about getting older?events



I'm turning 30 in a week. I'm embracing it. I feel more womanly and confident. I have better judgement, know my body and mind better, also I'm more patient and less worried about the future...I look back and think about all the times I worried about the what ifs and they never happened. I'm less afraid of being afraid. I'm also embracing my womanhood, which allows me to connect with women and my own mother better.



Simple things like having a cup of tea while reading a book, or helping other people make me happy now, while having a boyfriend or buying new shoes used to make me happy 10 years ago.



The years go by fast and I used to panic about getting old, but somehow 30 seems nice...



I feel more "ripe", not old. My body, well, the pounds keep adding on, so I'm not in a better shape, but that's OK, I have better confidence now, I'm mentally more at peace, attracted to healtier men and situations, not to mention the sex is better -- I'm happier...so I don't mind the extra pounds.



Those women in your late twenties or early thirties, how do feel about getting older?home theatre opera theater



I feel like your mind do get stronger. You start to think more about a lot of things that you would not have thought twice on before. But your right your only as old as you feel. If you feel like your getting old start doing extra things with your self. Like get out the house even if your only going to walk around the block a few times.
i just turned 29 this yr..ill be 29 next yr..and the yr after..and the year after...



i shall never age again!



even when i 65..ill still say im 29...and then go around grabbing guys butts and claiming im senile!woohoo!
I am 29. I would certainly say that my mind and body has changed in the last ten years. I have had children, so my mind is now a MOMMY MIND and I am not that skinny little teenager that I used to be! I see now what my mom went thru all those years when we were young! Turning 30 does not scare me, it is just another number. As long as I have my family (kids, husband,etc...) I am happy.
I'm thirty-one. With age comes wisdom. I'm not particularily vain so I don't really care about the physical signs but I am proud of the mental and emotional experience that I have.
HAHAHAHAHA!



Honeybunch, you don't now the first thing about "getting older"!



Late twenties and early thirties is not "old." The face you see in the mirror has never been more beautiful, and your body, even after children, is fabulous.



Wait, just wait, until the morning you see your first wrinkle, the first time you notice that your natual hair color has begun to fade and the skin around your eyes crinkles just a bit and doesn't snap back when you stretch it to put on your eye makeup. Those are body changes. Wait until you tire a bit sooner than your kids do and the "crack of dawn" is the sound your back makes when you get up in the morning. Wait until you start carrying a wrinkle emollient stick in your makeup bag next to your lipgloss. Wait until you start buying moisturizer in the large economy size. THEN you can talk to me about aging.



You will never be this young again, and you are very, very beautiful just the way you are. You know so much more than you did five years ago, but not as much as you will know five years from now. You will learn you can survive anything, so problems become less important. Every stage in your life is a journey. The destinations aren't important, but the trip should be a blast!



Your body and mind will change so much every day. I have a couple of secrets for you: getting old has its advantages. Life becomes infinitely easier and more fun. YOU become smarter; sex gets better. Father Time may be taking over, but Mother Nature is a woman. She won't let you down.



Here's two more: if you smoke, STOP. It's not just for your health, it's for your looks. Women who smoke eventually look much older than they really are. They'll deny it but it's true. And for God's sake, stay out of the sun and don't tan. Not for nothing do you hear that all the time.



Stop freaking out over nothing. Enjoy your life now. Every day is a blessing!!!!
Women hate nice guys like me,whatever age they may be.
I am 35, and will be 36 next month. It amazes me how much and quickly time can go by.



I had a hard time with 35, simply because I felt I should have accomplished more. But I am working on that! And I also think I've gotten smarter with everything - men, money, life...



I always have reservations, but I can't stop the clock! Well, I guess I could but it'd be bad!
When I was in my late 20's, I felt strange about turning 30 too, but once I was in my 30's (I'm now 35), wow, did I realize how much I was loving my 30's.



Your body can stay in great shape as long as you want to keep it that way--women doing yoga into their 60's look great, so it's not about feeling old or looking old, it's more about just knowing yourself better and accepting yourself. I have flaws of course, but I focus less on "fixing myself" and more on concentrating on my life and goals. I can better appreciate my strengths as well as being mature enough to recognize (and have a sense of humor about) my weaknesses.



At this point, you've also probably weathered a few deaths of older relatives, etc., and while it's profoundly sad, it also makes you appreciate the life you have and the people you love. I remember how surly and frustrated I was when I was younger, and now I just think, why did I believe the world OWED me anything? Everything good that happens is a gift--I appreciate every great experience much more. And I have long since forgiven my parents. (I gave myself until I was 25 to blame them for my character flaws--after that, it's all me.) They weren't perfect, but like most parents, they did the best they could, and it feels good to have an adult relationship with them where I can just see them as people.



Maturity is good. I feel much more comfortable in my own skin all the time.
I just turned 30 in June. When I look back on the last decade, I am so excited about the amount of knowledge I gained over the last 10 years that I can't wait to see what I know when I'm 40. My mind has changed enormously and my body a little.



I don't feel like my youth is disappearing as much as I feel like I am blooming into the best person I can be. I can't wait to see what the future holds.



EDIT: Shadow Dweller - When my boyfriend turned 30 he held his 2nd Annual 29th Birthday Party. Literally, that's how the invitations and party favors read. People loved it!
Just like when you look at your high school years,(the best of your life) they say, most would say they would never want to go back to that time. Same thing with aging, once you have been there and done that, you do not want to go back. Not unless, there is a way to make the statement" I wish I knew then what I know now"? come true
It was so weird. I used to think I was excited about reaching my thirties. I thought it would be so awesome, because I'd have some d@mn clue about what I was doing. I knew I'd still be fumbling, but I thought it'd be nice to have a bit more confidence. I'm still (perhaps naively) looking forward to that, but hitting 26 this year hurt a lot more than I thought it would. I went around for a week talking about being in my late twenties and having only a few years left until I was *gasp* thirty! and how I was going to _die_ someday. It was all very melodramatic, truly. Honestly, anyone who wants a good laugh should come to my thirtieth birthday party. I'm sure at that point I'm going to be wearing all black, smoking cloves, drinking vodka, and quoting various nihilists. And, yes, I realize that most of you are laughing at the antics of the young here. I deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer security